My first blog award was given to me by Her Momma. Check out her blog, everybody. You think Ollie's hair is awesome? (You're right...) Check out baby Lovie... she is OMG THOSE CURLS SO CUTE OMG THOSE CHEEKS! So thanks for the award, Momma!
Now, to accept this award I have to list 10 interesting things about myself. I guess these are "honest" "scraps" about me. Oh, so clever.
- I have never seen Toy Story or Monsters, Inc., which totally blows Nick's mind.. They are now in our Netflix queue.
- I really dislike food with bones. It's not my idea of a good meal to have to work to get the meat off of chicken wings or ribs, and it makes me feel a little weird and caveman savage-like to be pulling the meat off of animal bones with my bare hands.
- There has been much debate in our family about which way to face the silverware when loading the dishwasher. Both sides have their merits: Face up? It probably gets cleaner, not being shoved down in the basket thing all jammed together. Face down? After the cycle is done & it's time to unload your hands never touch the part you put in your mouth or the sharp knife blades. The world may never know. Hm. This is supposed to be "interesting" and also about me. Is it interesting enough for me to admit to flip flopping on this issue? No? Sorry then.
- I hold my pee a lot. I don't know why.
- My son is 7 months old today. I have some pink nail polish on my toes that is older than he is by one day. Klassy!
- I met my husband in high school. Short version: he dated my friend, they broke up. We dated, and broke up. Seven years later we met up again and were instantly in love. It was like we had never broken up, except for the part where we learned from our past mistakes and realized what we wanted & didn't want in a relationship. We like to say we had to break up in order to get the stupid out of the way.
- I have 2 step sisters. I never mention them because I never see them. And because I don't like them.
- I am a huge Star Trek nerd. The Next Generation rules all. (HI, Mae!) I got this love from watching with my Dad and it's one thing that makes me feel close to him.
- I am a football fan. A Cleveland Browns fan at that. There. I said it.
- I probably could have come up with more interesting things, but I am a blog slacker and I wanted to get this post up for Tornado Tuesday! Hi, new friends! Here's a picture of my kid!
OK, to finish up, I'm supposed to nominate other bloggers for this award. So, here are 5 folks I would like to know a little more about!
- Laura at Cameron Crazy Mom
- Karey at Family of Five
- CiCi at Giggle, Giggle, Hiccup
- Mrs. Boom at The Story of Baby Boom
- Lisa at Queens Mama
I've never seen those movies either. Knives always face down, everything else can face up. LMAO about the nail polish. I totally hold my pee. It's a mom thing. You have other things to do so why waste your time till you absolutely. are. going. to burst?
Woop Woop!! Congrats on the award-getting sister wife, and thanks for the Shout Out! Rock on!ReplyDelete
Thank for stopping in from Tornado Tuesday! Your little guy is soo handsome! And my husband is the same way about meat on the bone. Congrats on the award!ReplyDelete
Wow! Thanks for the nomination ::blushes:: I went ahead and immediately posted my 10 facts and nominated a few others blogs. I hope this inspires me to write a little bit more. I've been slacking since Autumn's birth, but I think it's time to update more often. Take care...ReplyDelete
Hey Cici, I know how you feel!ReplyDelete
And that's how I kind of used this award thing... to give some of you girls that I want to hear more from a little writing prompt!
Congrats on your first bloggy award! They're fun and a great way to network/connect. Glad to meet you and thanks for the compliments on my mommy resume. I'm sure yours looks very similar : ) keep in touch : )ReplyDelete
Hi Sara! Thanks for the award! I loved reading your 10 fun facts... and now I've got to think up some about myself! I've been a blog slacker too lately. We've been planning Andrew's christening party and didn't realize how much work a simple bbq would be!ReplyDelete
OMG I Hate bones in my food!!ReplyDelete
Have a great weekend!
Mike is lazy and does not like to work for his food either....aka...nothing with bones. You should start a following for as many wierd foodies are out there. Need a cool group name to start though....ummm...boneless bloggers??? IDK. U are better at words than me.ReplyDelete
Sara, Michele and I thought the step thing was especially funny. Great picture that is totally Nicks face. Love MomReplyDelete
I love the husband/high school story. And yeah, food off of a bone is just weird :)ReplyDelete