1. Zzzzz's. I seriously love sleep. Anyone who knows me knows that I LUUUV sleep.
Not only is sleep usually the best cure for most ailments... sometimes the only reason I get out of bed in the morning is that I promise myself I will go to bed early that night.
I think it might be an inherited skill, because me and my brother have always been sleepers...
10 hours? Been there, done that. 12 hours? Most Sundays! 14? Now we're talkin'.
We've decided that if we were going to be in a band together (Like Hanson! Only not nearly as gimp!) we would name the band Defenders of Sleep.
2. Zuma! An awesomely fun game which requires the player to have
3. Zach Braff. Oh, J.D., could you be more cute, silly, freakish and heartwarmingly honest?
Also, I wish the "Zach Braff Effect" could have a counterpart called the "NinjaPanza Effect", where I would have a say in what bands/artists* do not get airplay.
*tangent alert - I'm about to go off here...*
See, it would take a LOT of time and effort for me to decide that a band/artist* is SO GOOD that they would deserve some serious promotion. On the other hand, I can decide when something SUCKS within seconds of hearing it. That's my gift to give to the world. Veto power.
To have an influence over what bands got radio play would be really REALLY cool... but I have issues with that kind of responsibility. I barely tell anyone about this here blog because then people might read it, which would mean I'd have to post on a regular basis! Oh, the pressure! But, I digress.
*cuz no one except for silly ol' Alicia Keys plays an instrument anymore
4. Zooey Deschanel. How cute is this girl? And she can sing!! Check out her band here.
If there is anyone in the free world that a) reads this and b) hasn't seen Elf, get thee to the video store!
(I would have posted a pic from Elf, but I like her better rockin' the brunette.)
5. ZZ Top. This is not really a specific love of the band, although those 2 guys DO have some really awesome beards.
(The letter is Z! I'm struggling here!)
Plus, the song La Grange gives me warm fuzzies because:
a) It's fun to play on Rock Band. (I'm the drummer... I got sucked into this game by my giant video game geek husband whom I adore and was only trying to appease. Joke's on me.)
b) My mom told me a story about when she and my dad were young, still dating, and this song was popular on the radio. They would sit around with friends and do this foot-tapping, knee-slapping jig that would be way too hard to describe. Nevertheless, it was a sweet story about happier times and I appreciated it.
6. Zoos. No, really! I really do like going to the zoo!
OK... well, think about it, have you ever gone to the zoo and had a bad time? There you go.
The elephants are my favorite.
7. Zero Puncuation. So silly. I discovered this from hubby watching G4. I mostly paid attention because they were making fun of Halo. So sue me.
8. Zillow. I was way into checking this site back when we were buying our house. Now, I kind of hate it for telling me what I already knew... the value of our home has dropped since we bought it. Shit. No refinancing the mortgage for me.
9. The cursive letter z. Because it's in my last name and I like to write it.
Yeah that was a cop-out. I don't care.
10. The Zodiac. Fortune cookies, Magic 8-ball, Ouija board... they got nothin' on the good old Libra, Virgo and Scorpio. I am a Scorpio, married to a Libra. It's funny how you can make life into what you want, and then turn around and make some random gibberish about Saturn being in your house of Finance into:
"Oh my God! I should be getting some money this month? Hey! And my tax return is due any day now!!"
Scorpio Love & Relationships Daily:
It's not too early to start planning your summer vacation. Talk to your honey about where you'd both like to go. Having something to look forward to will help you get
through the rest of winter.
"Oh wow! Nick and I started planning our summer vacations already... I'm so glad the stars thought this was a good idea! Maybe we should book our hotel now...?"